Thick eyebrows have always been in demand.
Thick, well-shaped eyebrows can enhance your look, while thin and sparse eyebrows can make you look older and dull.
Many people end up with eyebrows that are too thin because of over plucking, threading or waxing.
Sometimes, thin eyebrows occur as a result of the aging process,
nutritional deficiencies, poor cosmetic application or medical conditions like hypothyroidism, eczema and alopecia areata.
If your eyebrows are too thin, you can easily solve this problem with the help of some natural home remedies.
1. Castor Oil
Castor oil is one of the most effective remedies to boost the growth of your eyebrows.
It contains protein, vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants that nourish the hair follicles and promote hair growth.
Plus, it is helpful in resisting any microorganisms that hamper eyebrow hair growth.
1. Soak a cotton swab in pure castor oil and apply it on each eyebrow.
2. Massage gently with your fingertips for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
4. Wash it off with lukewarm water and a mild cleanser.
5. Repeat once daily for a few weeks until you notice an improvement.
Note: Stop using castor oil if it causes any irritation or burning.
2. Onion Juice
Onion juice also aids faster and denser growth of eyebrow hair.
The juice has sulfur that improves the production of collagen tissues required for proper eyebrow growth.
Also, it strengthens the hair follicles.
1. Grind 1 small onion and extract the juice.
2. Massage this juice into the eyebrows for about 5 minutes.
3. Allow it to dry on its own and then wash it off with a mild cleanser and cold water.
4. Follow this treatment once daily for several weeks.
3. Egg Yolk
The hair of the eyebrows is made up of keratin protein, and egg is a great source of protein.
Thus, it can help improve the health of your hair, which in turn will make your eyebrows thick.
1. Break 1 egg and separate the yolk from the white part.
2. Beat the yolk until you get a thick, creamy consistency.
3. Apply it on each of your brows with a cotton swab.
4. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
5. Use this protein treatment once or twice a week until you are satisfied with the result.
4. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds can also help grow thick eyebrows.
They are rich in protein as well as nicotinic acid and lecithin that promote hair growth.
The seeds also help in rebuilding hair follicles.
Soak 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water for at least 5 hours.
Grind the soaked seeds into a thick paste, then add a little coconut oil or almond oil.
Apply the paste on the brows just before going to bed.
Leave it on overnight.
Wash it off in the morning with warm water.
Follow this remedy 2 or 3 times a week for 2 months.
5. Aloe vera
Aloe vera has enzymes and moisturizing properties that nourish hair follicles and make your eyebrows grow faster and thicker.
It can even make the skin near your eyebrows very soft.
Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf. Gently massage it over your eyebrows.
Allow it to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
Another option is to prepare a paste with 1/2 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and a little honey or coconut oil.
Apply it to your eyebrows. Leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
Follow either of these remedies once daily for several weeks for best results.